Travelport Locomote is looking for an experienced Product Owner.
Do you want to be inspired and supported so you actually enjoy coming into work? A place where each day brings a new adventure? We look after our people by creating an environment that challenges and excites.Purpose Statement:
As a Product Owner you are responsible for optimising the value of Travelport Locomote products and services. You achieve this by taking input directly from Travelport Locomote customers and stakeholders, and indirectly from research and market changes in order to identify strategic opportunities. You will also participate in the delivery teams operating rhythm and work alongside Delivery Leads and Agile Coach/Scrum Masters in order to successfully optimize Travelport Locomote’s products and services.
- Inspire delivery teams and all stakeholders with your overarching vision for what needs to be delivered in order to accomplish Locomote’s strategic goals.
- Bring together disparate and competing priorities from all stakeholders into a clear, compelling roadmap for your delivery team(s) Optimise the value of the work your delivery team(s) performs
- Ensure your delivery team(s) is/are focused on building the right thing at the right time
- Be a customer champion, putting Locomote customers at the centre of everything we do Collaborate with your delivery team(s) on each Sprint’s objectives, sequencing of stories, defects and understanding the work involved, making trade-offs where necessary
- Monitor progress toward customer and Locomote goals, ensuring this is visible and transparent to all stakeholders
- Decide when to release products/features/services, negotiating with other stakeholders where necessary
- Deeply understand Locomote customers and their needs, and form opinions on how your delivery team(s) can best serve these needs
- Continuously validate via customer/user conversations, testing, research and analytics that your delivery team(s) is/are on the right path, and be prepared to change tactics when appropriate Always be able to articulate the current customer need your delivery team(s) is trying to meet, what they are doing to accomplish that and what they intend to do next
- Employ an iterative and incremental approach to
- delivering customer value Use collaborative approaches to understanding customer needs and evaluating solution options such as workshopping, story mapping and story slicing (e.g. walking skeleton, elephant carpaccio, slicing heuristics, etc.)
We at Travelport Locomote place a greater importance on your mindset than your skills or experience. However, the following attributes will help you hit the ground running in this role:
- Corporate travel experience highly desirable
- Good understanding of Agile and Lean philosophies and/or experience in a product related role
- Good understanding of the Scrum Product Owner role, and most importantly the principles that underpin it
- Experience with developing or contributing to product strategy, and clearly communicating it with all teams and stakeholders
- Confident leading workshops and other productive meetings with development teams and stakeholders
If this sounds like you, then please complete the form to the right.
Due to the amount of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.